NEW fashion article!
The Art of Strutting in High Heel Stilettos
By Tick Lunney
When you wear a pair of high heel stilettos you are making a statement; a bold statement, and the shoe lovers amongst us already know that stilettos deserve—in fact demand—to be worn in a certain manner. This includes mastering the strut.
The single most important aspect of strutting is attitude. You must adopt the stiletto mindset. You have already learned how to walk in heels; strutting in a pair of high heel stilettos is not a technique, it is a state of mind. This is not as daunting as it sounds. In fact, it will come to you naturally. I will list some tips to help you along the way.
- When you are in the house get dressed and slip on your pair of beauties. Think supermodel: you are a gorgeous, glamorous, confident woman. Look at yourself in the mirror; turn, pose and look down at your heels. Lift one heel then the other keeping one eye on the mirror and the other on your heels.
- You should start feeling elegant and graceful. Start walking, again using the mirror and experiment with your posture. Start walking with toes facing outward, one foot in front of the other, and vary your walk: try a slight zig zag in your path, try lifting your trailing heel a little higher when you make your step (a favorite with catwalk models). What looks and feels good for you is good for you. You are starting to develop your own style.
- Don't underestimate your facial expressions, especially the eyes. Again, experiment: practice in front of the mirror. Pout, stare ahead, use your eyes to convey how you feel—all the time walking, turning and posing. Try arrogant: stilettos imply an element of arrogance. The art is to make it understated; don't overdo any element of strutting.
- You should now be well on the way to developing your own signature strut: your hips will sway naturally and your overall look should be a reflection of your personality. Individuality is imperative.
- You are now ready to strut your stuff. You should at all times exude the confident, beautiful woman that you know you are. You will feel gorgeous (you are) in your gorgeous heels. Enjoy every step: when heads turn enjoy, when you receive compliments enjoy, when your heels click enjoy, when you lift a heel just to admire enjoy.
- You feel like the woman you always knew you were: your personality, style and individuality are shining for all to see.
You are strutting, girl!
Tick Lunney is a native Londoner with a keen interest in fashion and a lifelong love affair with high heels. I have been involved in setting up a new website dealing in designer and quality brand name high heel shoes and boots. Please pay us a visit at the following web address and have a look around.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tick_Lunney
Join This Site Right Now
Original fashion resources: see all photo inscriptions, yesstyle.com, barriepace.com, and unknown.